CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Life - It's all about Delayed Gratification

Sooooo, that's just a little embarassing. You all know how old fashioned we are, that we actually believe our PAPER calendars when they tell us it's Daylight Savings. Oh well, just something to look forward to this weekend!
Last weekend wouldn't have been a good one for Daylight Savings anyway. Bonnie woke up several times that night and so my extra hour would have been wasted - just replacing the hour that I was up with her anyway.

However, our clocks were still "off". So it made for an interesting Sabbath morning - more interesting than usual, and that's saying something! Scott came into the room (ran in, more like) at what I thought was 7:15 (and I was still in bed) saying "It's not today - it's really 8:15 and we're supposed to leave for church at 9!" Try to imagine how restful it is getting seven people out of bed, dressed in Sunday clothes, fed, etc. in 45 minutes - not to mention that 5 of them require varying degrees of assistance, ranging from minimal to complete. Good thing we only live about 10 minutes from church and could "fudge" on our departure time a little...

Then, Bonnie got sick on Sunday afternoon, and Seth on Sunday night. So it's been a week of sleep deprivation, let me tell you! I'd forgotten how different it is having a sick BABY and a sick CHILD. Seth is not interested in books or videos, nor does he understand that I have other people to take care of.

BUT - we've made it! Bonnie was only a little "off" for about 24 hrs. and Seth's fever has FINALLY broken (I guess I shouldn't complain - first sickness at 10 months isn't too bad). But suffice it to say, I'm lookin' forward to my extra hour this Saturday night!

0 comments: