CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

One week down (not sure how many to go...35? something like that!)


So we finished our first week! I realize I still have more planning to do - we're now adding in Classical Conversations every Thurs. morning and piano lessons for the boys on Tues.

The first three days went really well, but we ended our week with a sigh. I woke up Thurs morning all psyched up for our first day of CC! I had all my plans for my class together, all the kids clothes laid out, lunch packed, etc,etc,etc. But disaster struck!

Scott (at about 7:00 a.m.): "Do you have a Plan B?"

Julie: "Whatever do you mean?"

Scott: "I think Nathan has a fever, and he says his throat hurts."

You can imagine my chagrin - the first day of the year - at 7 in the morning - what to do?!?

All of the other kids had gotten this little bug and I thought we were over it, but you never know about germs, do you. So, I called up the dear friend who is our substitute tutor and had to enlist her services on the very first day of class.

Kevin and Ellie still went to their classes, and Nathan, Bonnie, Seth and I hung out and read books at home. And school with a sickie in the house is always a little...maybe "laid back" is the proper term. Thus ended the week!

It was stille great to start to get back in the fall groove. Now if we could have some cool weather to go with it!
Oh - the above photo is the entire student body of Coram Deo Christian Academy. Look like a promising bunch, don't they?!?

1 comments:

Jonesey said...

Julie, what cute kids you have my dear :)

Your school should play ours in sports. I think we are negative 6A. But we have a lot of spunk.

I enjoyed reading your blog:)